Designed for Data Consumers
Enable access to entire, accurate 3D product models and function-specific authored content such as assembly work instructions.
- Integration: Toolkits for integrating with PDM, PLM, ERP and CAD systems
- Multi-CAD: Combine formats from multiple CAD systems
- Performance: Lightning fast access even for gigabyte-size CAD models
Ensure all downstream users are working with the same revision of the complete product and that is it easily accessible.
- Consolidate all of the 3D data for a product into a single representation
- Single-source of truth for users downstream from product release
- Version control for XVL for the entire product, all assemblies, all CAD files
- Design change support
Enables Delivery of Complete Product Data to Stakeholders
PDM and PLM systems are designed to serve product development and are CAD-centric. XVL was designed to serve the data consumer.
- CAD data in PDM/PLM systems is huge, XVL reduces this to about 1/100th of their original size
- The ultra-lightweight size enables fast performance and working with an entire product - not just subassemblies
- XVL supports heterogeneous CAD, so models from multiple CAD systems can be combined into one XVL file