Support - XVL Web Master
1) Is it possible to edit the 2D illustration in other applications?
Yes. The 2D illustration file is a standard SVG or CGM file, and it can be edited in Corel DESIGNER and other illustration editors.
2) Is it possible to make callout numbers larger?
Yes. In the Settings dialog, select the Illustration tab and enable the “Leader lines” check box. Then, click on “Set details…” and specify the font size.
3) Can I use the disassembly animation defined in XVL Studio?
Yes. In order to use the animation defined in XVL Studio, uncheck the boxes for “Regularize”, “Set user IDs”, “Set auto disassembly animation”, and “Set process animation”.
4) What does the “Regularize” function do?
The regularization process checks the assembly structure and corrects any parent-child relationships that are found to be non-standard.
5) What does the “Set user IDs” checkbox do?
If you turn on the “Set user IDs” check box, XVL Web Master adds group names (system IDs) to any groups that are missing names. This is required for correct cross-linking.
6) The SVG illustration is missing some callouts. How do I get XVL Web Master to generate callouts for all the parts?
XVL Web Master cannot generate a callout if the part does not have a group name, or if the group name starts with "XVL". To fix this problem, give the part a group name that does not start with "XVL".
7) When I browse to the published HTML page, the tables and illustrations are displayed, but the 3D models are not displayed. Instead, I get a warning that the 3D model cannot be found.
The web server may not be configured to serve XVL files Add the following MIME types to the server: .xv2, .xv3, .xv0: application/x-xvlplayer