What Is a Work Instruction?
Work instructions should clearly and unambiguously communicate a series of steps to complete a process. In our implementation, the instructions include animations and links to related information.
Work Instructions from Lattice Technology:
- Provide an easy-to-use authoring tool that automates as much of the process as possible.
- Facilitate easy maintenance of work instructions when engineering updates are made to the CAD model.
- Directly leverage models from engineering CAD systems, while maintaining their accuracy.
- Offer numerous FREE options for using or consuming work instructions, including mobile devices.
With our implementation, a single work instruction may include 10, 20, 100 or more steps. Each step includes the appropriate 3D interactive part model with a description of the action required and may also include an animation.
Use Cases for Work Instructions:
- Product Assembly Instructions
- Product Dis-assembly Instructions
- Service Procedures